Support to non-Chinese Speaking (NCS) Children
Our school respects multiculturalism and will take different measures to support non – Chinese Speaking students to participate in and enjoy the school life.
1. Admission Support
- Provide Chinese and English application form for parents of NCS Children
- When interviewing NCS children, interpretation and/or translation service for applicants will be provided where necessary; or parents and children are allowed to be accompanied by a Chinese speaking relative/friend to facilitate communication.
2. Curriculum Support
- Non-Chinese speaking / newly arrived children are challenged by difficulties in communication as they learn. Their abilities and interests are also diverse and may require special care and support on some of the skills and knowledge in daily life. With grouping arrangement, the school promotes and encourages interaction with peers to create an integrated and supportive school life.
- Homework will be adjusted according to the abilities of the NCS children.
3. Teacher Support
- Teachers are encouraged to further their professional courses in Teaching for Non-Chinese Speaking Children, and apply different teaching strategies, techniques, and skills to support the NCS children’s learning.
Telephone: 2199 9412